Third Eye Pieces are high polished and heavy gold plated with 2 microns (0.002mm) of 18K Gold. This process is zinc free and made in the U.S using environmentally conscious cutting edge technology.
How long your pieces plating will last depends on how often you wear it, as well as the PH of your skin, exposure to chemicals, and frequent rubbing again other surfaces. Here are some ways to extend the life of your gold plating:
- Wash your hands before putting on or taking off plated jewelry.
- Put on gold plated jewelry after you’ve applied lotion, perfume or makeup.
- Take off your plated rings or bracelets before chopping tomatoes or doing dishes.
- Avoid rubbing plated bracelets and necklaces against each other. Try to prevent plated rings from banging into counter tops and rubbing against other metal parts (such as keys) buried in pockets and purses.
- Don’t swim in your plated jewelry or wear it when you’ll be sweating profusely
- Clean your plated jewelry gently with a soft cloth and store it in a pouch separate from other jewelry so as to keep it free from oxidizing elements.
However, if life gets in the way and your eye starts to lose its sparkle you can always send it in to have it re-polished and replated during our Eye Shine events on 3/21 and 9/21 of every year.